10.22.2013

Puchberg am Schneeberg

(Photo taken by Monika Ottehenning)
About two weekends ago, some people in my group decided to go to Bratislava, Slovakia for a day and I opted out. I hadn't been feeling myself  and I needed some time to be on my own for a little while. I wondered around rainy Vienna for hours getting completely lost and finding my way again. Walking around Vienna alone was therapeutic and helped me a lot despite the stormy weather, but by the end of the day I was still feeling a little off. The next day I joined my friends again and took the train for two hours to Puchberg am Schneeberg to hike to a waterfall. As soon as we started hiking, I had this overwhelming feeling that caused a huge smile to form on my face. I was so happy. Being in nature and breathing in fresh air was exactly what I needed. I love the city, but taking a break from the crowds of people and clouds of cigarette smoke was exhilarating. I miss my Utah mountains guys, I really do. They better be covered in that pretty white stuff when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah Sister...lovin' the good snow energy. Nice post Girl Scout.

    ReplyDelete