2.05.2014

Project 365

On December 31st my older sister, Laura, made me download an app for my iPhone called Project 365. Basically it is a calendar app where you can upload one picture for every day of the year. It is totally private. You don't upload your images to the internet like Instagram and I must say that I really like it a lot. At first I was skeptical and just downloaded it to get my sister off my back. I have tried taking a photo a day every day for a year before and have totally failed, but I can honestly say that I have taken a picture everyday of the year so far (partly because the app reminds you to take a picture everyday). I am not saying that every single one of my pictures is amazing, but it has been fun to be able to look back at the month of January and see a grid of 31 little images of what was going on in my life. Project 365 is a little photographic journal that just gets better with time. Above are a few of my favorite pictures I have taken.

ONE  Flowers in my parent's dining room. I took this picture after I returned home from the doctor's office where a surgeon had just told me that I have to get my ACL replaced. Not a very happy moment, but those flowers brightened my day a little.

TWO  My favorite food is salad. I have always loved vegetables. Ever since I was little, tomatoes have been one of my favorite foods. In the summer I like to go out in my parent's backyard, pick a juicy red tomato from my father's garden, and eat it like an apple. My dad calls me a little rabbit. This is an avocado that I put into one of my delicious and nutritious salads.

THREE  My little niece Millie, who is growing up way too fast. I uploaded this picture onto my Instagram and started a hashtag, #sillymilliejoy, that has a bunch of pictures I have taken of her on my iPhone since she was just teeny tiny.

FOUR  I tagged along with one my friends to help her style a photo shoot for a school project. It was such a cool thing to watch and be a part of.

FIVE  My typography teacher critiquing a project one of my fellow classmates made. Oh, the life of a graphic design student. I love my major.

SIX  My current favorite pair of shoes. I got these boots for Christmas and I can't seem to stop wearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment